Looking for easy ways to stay away from illness?
Well, one of the easiest ways to ward off illnesses is to boost immunity. Strong immunity is the body’s natural defence against harmful pathogens, viruses and other disease-causing organisms. However, due to a hectic lifestyle, taking out time to focus on health becomes difficult. A convenient way to overcome this hurdle is to incorporate nature’s miraculous herbs in our lives. Natural ingredients can strengthen our immunity and rejuvenate our bodies. Practice preventive wellness by incorporating these simple herbs into your daily diet.
Let’s get to know some of the powerful herbs that can boost immunity
Tulsi or Holy Basil is hailed as the “Queen of Herbs” for its myriad benefits. It contains compounds with antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and expectorant properties. Our ancient Ayurveda prescribes Tulsi for boosting immunity, purifying blood, reducing blood sugar, and curing coughs and colds. Start your mornings with immunity-boosting Tulsi kadha to detoxify and promote your overall health.
- 1 tsp Good Lyfe Project Tulsi Superleaf Powder
- ½ tsp dry ginger powder
- 1 tsp organic honey
- A dash of cinnamon
- A pinch of black pepper
- Take a glass of water in a pan. Add tulsi powder, ginger powder, cinnamon and black pepper. Boil for a few minutes on medium flame.
- Strain the mixture in a cup.
- Add organic honey to the mixture.
- Drink it warm.
For a more potent decoction, you can increase the quantity of the ingredients.
Ashwagandha is a powerful adaptogen known for its rejuvenating properties. It is highly beneficial for reducing the long-term effects of stress and promoting vitality. Ashwagandha is helpful for healthy sleep which is important for maintaining a stress-free life. Prepare Ashwagandha DIY digestive churan balls at home and pop one after meals.
- 4 tsp Good Lyfe Ashwagandha Superoot Powder
- 1 tsp organic ghee
- 2 tsp organic jaggery
- A pinch of black salt
- Add organic ghee to a pan and heat it.
- Add ashwagandha powder and roast for a few minutes.
- Add jaggery and black salt to the roasted powder. Stir till jaggery melts.
- Cool the mixture and roll into small churan balls.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Add in a pinch of cardamom or/and cinnamon powder to enhance the flavour.
Hectic and stressful lives can lead to digestive issues. Digestive wellness promotes a healthy body and stronger immunity. Triphala is used in Ayurveda to balance the three doshas and promote holistic well-being. Triphala as churan or powder is commonly used as a colon cleanser to aid healthy digestion and regularise bowel movements. Include Triphala tea in your daily routine to stimulate your digestion and shed some kilos too.
- 1 tsp Good Lyfe Triphala SuperHerb Powder
- 1 cup of water
- Fresh lime juice (optional)
- Boil water in a pan on medium heat.
- Add Good Lyfe Triphala SuperHerb Powder to it.
- Switch off the flame and rest the concoction for about 2 minutes.
- Strain the concoction in a cup.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice in it.
- Drink it warm.
Add a dash of organic honey to sweeten the tea
Turmeric is a super herb known for boosting immunity, combating the common cold, curing chronic inflammation, healing wounds, and much more. Its potent antioxidant properties can restrict cellular damage and strengthen the natural healing process of the body. Add it to your dishes or consume it as a Golden latte or turmeric milk to cure almost anything from the common cold to healing wounds.
- 350ml milk
- ½ tsp Good Lyfe Lakadong Turmeric Superoot Powder
- ¼ tsp ginger powder
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- ½ tbsp honey
- Steam milk in a pan.
- Add turmeric, black pepper, and ginger to it.
- Whisk constantly to blend well.
- Pour the concoction into a mug.
- Add vanilla extract and honey.
- Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
If you prefer a vegan latte, use almond or any other vegan milk
Liquorice or Mulethi is a rejuvenating herb known for its anti-microbial, anti-ageing and revitalising properties. This sweet-tasting herb can strengthen immunity and is an effective remedy for cold and cough. Enjoy an evening cup of Mulethi tea to boost your immunity.
- 250ml water
- 1 tsp liquorice powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- 150 ml milk
- 2 tsp of preferred tea
- ½ tbsp honey (optional)
- Steam water in a pan.
- Add liquorice and ginger to it. Let it simmer for a few minutes on medium flame.
- Add the tea bags or loose tea and let them infuse into the water for a few minutes.
- Add milk and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Strain the mixture in a cup.
- Add honey and drink it warm.
For a stronger mulethi tea, increase the quantity of mulethi and let the concoction simmer for a few more minutes before adding milk
Include these powerful herbs in your daily diet to boost immunity. In addition to boosting immunity, these powerful herbs offer many more health benefits for holistic health and wellness.