There is nothing quite as relaxing and calming as a good cup of tea!
A tea lover will wholeheartedly agree with the above statement.
A freshly brewed cuppa with the right ingredients can invigorate you in the morning, be the perfect pick-me-up during the day, and help you feel better after a stressful day at work.
Cooling Tulsi-Licorice Tea Recipe
Delicious tulsi-licorice tea can be an excellent cooling down on warm days. Refreshing and aromatic, this comforting tea can be a great addition to your daily tea ritual.
Licorice or Yastimadhu, a great harmonizer, can help boost immunity, reduce stress, and promote lung health. Soothing and sweet, licorice can also help relieve acidity, indigestion, and heartburn.
Tulsi or Holy Basil is a highly revered medicinal herb in Ayurveda. It offers broad-ranging benefits from strengthening immunity to improving metabolism. An adaptogen, Tulsi’s relaxing nervine abilities can help regulate external stressors to encourage a calm, peaceful mind.
Savour this soothing tulsi-licorice tea to relax and unwind any time of the day.
Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
Add tulsi and licorice powder.
Allow the mix to boil for a few minutes on medium flame.
Turn off the flame.
- Cover the saucepan for 2 minutes to allow the flavours to steep.
Strain the mix into a cup.
- Add organic honey and lemon juice, and mix well.
- Enjoy hot or cold, as per taste.
- Upgrade this tea by turning it into a latte by adding organic cow milk or any milk of your choice.
- You can brew this blend by combining it with other herbs like ginger, turmeric, and shatavari for added health benefits.
Teas can be one of the simplest ways to invite wellness practices into our everyday routine. Enjoy this healthful cup of tea daily for an immunity boost, restful sleep, or simply to wind down at the end of a long, tiring day.